The Elephant Corridor Hotel (Sansun Boutique Hotels Limited) is using a secured Web Site for transaction of personal data communicated. We do not capture personal information without your knowledge or your permission. You will only be asked to provide personal information when you are taking advantage of this site's interactive products and services. Your credit card information is only acquired by the secure encrypted Internet payment gateway page of the bank our reservation system is linked with. The Elephant Corridor Hotel does not acquire or store your credit card information.
- The Elephant Corridor Hotel is free to use, reproduce, disclose and or distribute the information, ideas, and know-how in your feedback to others without limitation and for any purpose whatsoever.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire terms governing your access to dealings with and use of this Web Site. Separate arrangements may attach to products or services you obtain, purchase or use from the site. You can find details of these terms under those particular products or services, or from the service providers.
- The laws of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka govern the use of this Web Site and you irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sri Lanka. In addition, in the event of a violation committed by you, The Elephant Corridor Hotel reserves the right to bring proceedings against you in the country of your residence.
The Principles of Data Protection
The Elephant Corridor Hotel takes the protection of your privacy and your personal data very seriously. We would therefore like to explain what data we collect, what we use it for and how we protect your data. These data protection principles do not apply to Web Sites that may be accessed by clicking on hyperlinks on main web pages.
General information on data protection and the purpose of data storage:
What data do we collect?
- Whenever you make a hotel reservation or purchase using The Elephant Corridor Hotel Web Site, we collect the data that we require to make the reservation or sale, particularly your name, telephone number and e-mail address, your residential address ("contact details"), as well as your arrival and departure dates, the type of room reserved ("reservation details").
- General questions may be addressed to us using the Contact Us page. In order to be able to process your inquiries, we collect your contact details. This data is not disclosed to third parties or used for purposes other than handling your inquiry.
Who gets my data?
- Whenever you make a reservation using The Elephant Corridor Hotel Web Site, your reservation details are passed onto the reservations staff to enable the reservation to be made. The technical staff members and subcontractors who handle the website may monitor data generated from the website for the sole purpose of ensuring error-free operations. All such staff and subcontractors are bound by a strict confidentiality agreement. Apart from this, your data is not passed on to any third parties. Under no circumstances will The Elephant Corridor Hotel Web Site sell or lend out your contact details. In exceptional circumstances, legal regulations, judicial or official orders may require us to hand data over to the relevant authority or court. However, this is only undertaken within the framework of our legal obligations.
Information on data protection
How safe is it to transfer data to The Elephant Corridor Hotel Web Site?
- All credit card data you provide to The Elephant Corridor Hotel Web Site is encoded and transmitted using the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol. This is a tried-and-tested system used by browsers the world over to encrypt data automatically before transmitting it to the intended recipient.
How secure is my data on the The Elephant Corridor Hotel Web Site database?
We apply The Elephant Corridor Hotel Web Site's strict safety standards for our database and Internet server in order to provide effective protection against loss, misuse, unauthorised divulgence, alteration and deletion of and unauthorized access to your data.
What are cookies?
- Cookies are small pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer's hard disk. They simplify reservation by automatically calling up frequently used data on sites you have already visited. You can set your computer to not store any cookies on your computer. However, this may prevent you using some of the functions we offer. The basic "search-and-reserve" functions can also be used without cookies.
You may ask to see your stored personal data at any time. You also have the right to correct, delete or (in the case of incorrect data) bar such data. Contact details should be amended in The Elephant Corridor Hotel Web Site. However, contractual and/or legal regulations, particularly those relating to accounting and payment, may prevent certain data from being deleted.
General Terms & Conditions
Scope: The Elephant Corridor Hotel Website
- These General Terms & Conditions apply to reservations and/or orders made personally using the worldwide web The Elephant Corridor Hotel Web Site hotel reservation system. Reservations and/or orders are binding, once the details have been confirmed.